Launch is but 2 weeks away. And the fear of the unknown is now slowly being replaced with anticipation for the mysterious.
I have learned a lot of lessons over the past week. Since I am riding a bike, after all, I will speak the language of the road:
1. most hills are not nearly as hard as they look like from a distance
2. rarely, if ever, do you need to get off your bike and push. Just go slower.
3. After the up, there is always the down.
4. While the ups may take your breath away, coasting only gets you so far.
5. Its useless to pedal backwards.
6. Keep your eye on the road, but make sure to take in the scenery.
7. Wear sunblock. A red, blistered nose will not get you laid.
Just like Jack Handy, I too have deep thoughts. And I will share them with you, whether you like it or not.